Hotel investment requires a unique set of skills and insights, given its dynamic nature and complex operations. At Axsia HTL, we bring over 150 years of collective experience to the table, helping investors bridge the knowledge gap and maximise their return on investment.
Our Managing Director, David Simpson, offers valuable insights into the asset management landscape, outlining how our expertise sets us apart in this competitive industry. Let’s take a look at how we can help you unlock your own hotel investment success with our tried and true asset management strategies.
Key Benefits of Asset Management
Hotel asset management plays a pivotal role in driving business results for property owners. While operators are essential, owners must also actively engage in setting and monitoring the business strategy to ensure optimal performance.
This alignment with the owner’s vision and investment objectives fills a crucial void, leading to better returns and more successful outcomes.
Several key benefits of approaching asset management in this way include:
- Strategic Alignment: Asset management aligns owner and operator strategies, ensuring every decision advances the owner’s vision and investment goals.
- Optimal Performance: It optimises operations, enhancing service quality, cost control, and overall performance.
- Risk Mitigation: Asset management mitigates uncertainty by proactively addressing challenges, and maintaining the course toward success.
- Enhanced Returns: The process maximises financial performance, resulting in higher returns for owners and investors.
- Operational Efficiency: It aligns operations with the owner’s vision, enhancing efficiency and profitability.
- Customised Strategies: Tailored approaches, from marketing to pricing, ensure the property reaches its unique potential.
We might be biased, but the truth remains: asset management is more than a tool for owners; it’s the driving force behind business success for hotel development. It forges an unbreakable connection between ownership vision and operational execution, harmonising all efforts to deliver enhanced returns, optimised performance, and a shield against uncertainty.
In an ever-evolving industry, asset management is the compass that guides the hotel towards its owner’s vision of prosperity.
Top Trends in Hotel Development
The resurgence of travel, both for business and leisure, has sparked a demand for new, personalised, and experiential offerings. This trend has given rise to innovative lifestyle brands, such as Ace Hotels, 1Hotel, Treehouse, The Standard, and Ennismore.
Additionally, there is a growing interest in franchising and white-label management, giving investors greater control over their business ventures.
Engaging with Axsia HTL
When clients approach us for a hotel project, we emphasise the importance of careful due diligence to determine project viability. We focus on aligning the developer’s vision with realism and optimisation, ensuring a bankable and market-valued project.
For mixed-use developments, we explore how the hotel component can enhance the broader project for maximum investment benefits.
Meet the Axsia HTL Team
Our team comprises seasoned experts who have worked with international hotel chains across the Asia Pacific. They bring a wealth of experience in various facets of hotel operations. At Axsia, we adopt a multidisciplinary approach, providing invaluable insights to property teams and ensuring a strategic approach across all aspects of the business.
Axsia HTL was founded back in 2019 by a dedicated team of professionals, including Ian Knight (Executive Chairman), Bill Edwards (Executive Director), and David Simpson (Managing Director). We later welcomed David Fraser (Executive Director) as a valued shareholder.
At the heart of our team, Bill and David excel in operations and work closely with our asset management portfolio to ensure optimal performance across all our assets. Together, they bring a wealth of expertise to our projects, which encompass new hotel development, feasibility studies, market research, and operator selection, all culminating in comprehensive asset management strategies.
Our team has recently expanded to include several exceptional individuals who further enhance our capabilities:
- Daniella Tonetto, an expert in sales and marketing, specialises in driving revenue optimisation.
- Robert Scullin offers valuable insights and consultation across all aspects of our business.
- Nicole Grainger serves as our Research Analyst, ensuring we remain up-to-date with the latest market trends and information for our projects.
Additionally, we collaborate with a select group of specialist consultants, covering areas such as regional tourism, technical services reviews, and non-HTL property matters, to offer a comprehensive and diverse range of services.
What Sets Axsia Apart
What sets Axsia HTL apart from competitors is our focus on revenue growth, backed by a strategic approach, to achieve above and beyond client expectations in the asset management and hotel development sector.
We take a comprehensive view of the business, emphasising vision, and strategy to achieve better returns. While we of course look at the hard numbers, everything we do at Axsia is built on the solid and evidence-based foundations of clear, effective, and well-researched strategies.
Our team’s diverse background, with experience in big brand international chains, also allows us to offer a unique perspective on asset management that we feel isn’t being tapped into by many other companies on the market.
Exciting Hotel Projects in Our Portfolio
In our portfolio, we have several exciting hotel projects that showcase our expertise:
- 1Hotel Melbourne: This upcoming hotel in Australia is the first of its kind by SH Group, set to launch in late 2024. Axsia HTL assisted in sourcing this cutting-edge brand, adding to Melbourne’s luxury hotel landscape.
- The Tasman Hobart, A Luxury Collection Hotel: This new build Luxury Collection Hotel in Australia demonstrates our ability to develop concepts and source brands suitable for specific markets, winning numerous awards since its opening.
- Ace Hotel, Sydney: As the first Ace hotel in Australia, this development successfully integrates an upper upscale brand into a smaller footprint, offering thriving F&B spaces and regular community engagement events.
- Holiday Inn and Indigo Bourke Street: Currently under construction and expected to be completed in early 2026, this dual-branded property in a prime location takes advantage of shared back-of-house operations for efficiency.
- Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas: A long-standing asset management project in our portfolio, we’ve worked closely with the owner and hotel management team to renovate and reposition the property, resulting in numerous awards and enhanced investor returns. Our strategic philosophy has optimised the owner’s value and nurtured the development of a top-tier hotel executive committee.
Work With Axsia HTL
Axsia HTL’s expertise in hotel asset management and development, coupled with our team’s vast experience, allows us to bridge the knowledge gap for investors and property owners. Our focus on revenue growth, aligned with a strategic approach, sets us apart in this competitive industry.
Join us in unlocking the success of your hotel investment ventures today!